Welcome to OCPF's Filer Organization System!

You can use this system to organize the following committees with OCPF:
  • Statewide, County, and District Office

    • Statewide Office
    • Governor's Council
    • County Clerks of Court, Commissioners & Treasurers
    • Registers of Deeds & Probate
    • District Attorneys
    • Sheriffs and Suffolk County Clerks of Superior & Supreme Judicial Courts

  • Mayor

    Candidates for mayor in all cities in Commonwealth of Massachusetts file their campaign finance reports with OCPF.

    Below is the list of the cities:

    EasthamptonEverettFall River
    MethuenNewburyportNew Bedford
    NewtonNorth AdamsNorthampton
    West SpringfieldWestfieldWeymouth
  • State Political Action Committees (PACs)

    A political action committee, or “PAC”, is a political committee that is organized to support or oppose a candidate or a slate of candidates. Therefore, a PAC could be organized to support or oppose a particular candidate. It could also be organized to support or oppose a variety of candidates of a particular party or who support a particular cause. A PAC is separate from a candidate’s committee.

  • Independent Expenditure Political Action Committees (IEPACs)

    An IEPAC is a political action committee that receives contributions to make independent expenditures, and only makes independent expenditures. Unlike other PACs, independent expenditure PACs may receive contributions from individuals without limit, and from corporations and other entities that are otherwise prohibited from contributing to PACs pursuant to M.G.L.C.55, Section 8.

    Independent expenditure PACs are subject to all other requirements that apply to other PACs, including recordkeeping and reporting requirements.

  • House and Senate

    Seats in the State Senate and State House (General Court).

    Click here for a summary of the depository system, for House and Senate candidates.

  • City Councilor (population over 65000)

    City Councilor in Boston, Brockton, Cambridge, Fall River, Framingham, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, Lynn, Malden, New Bedford, Newton, Quincy, Somerville, Springfield, Waltham, and Worcester.

  • State Ballot Question Committee

    A Ballot Question Committee is a person or group of people who raise or spend money to support or oppose a question put to voters at a state election.

    • If the question appears on a statewide ballot, the committee must organize with OCPF and file regular Campaign Finance Reports with this office.
    • If the question the committee was formed to support or oppose is put to voters in a municipal election, the committee must organize with their local election official: the city or town clerk or election commission.
    In either case, a ballot question committee is not intended to have an indefinite life; it must dissolve after the resolution of the question at the election.

  • Any Town Position (i.e. Selectman, School Committee)
  • Any City Position except Mayor, and City Councilor in cities with populations over 65,000
If you are organizing one of the above committees, you can download a CPF M101 from here to file with your local election officials. If you would like to use OCPF Reporter 7 to create and print your Campaign Finance Reports, please send your organizational form (M101) to OCPF at ocpf@cpf.state.ma.us, with “R7 only” written at the top. Please contact OCPF (617-979-8300) for more information.